Thursday, April 21, 2005

It ain't over til its over

Well, here it is Thursday afternoon. It has been a beautiful sunny day here in Suffolk. There was a lot of people at the service today. A lot. My mum really did know everyone. We had a Humanist funeral which was lovely. It meant that there was no religion involved and it was all about my mum. The minister spent some time with us last week and then wrote up some stuff which really summed up her life. Then my brother spoke and then me. I was frightened at one stage that I wouldn't be able to continue but I made it to the end of my piece, a personal piece that I had written about mum. Someone told me afterwards that they were holding it together until I started to cry but then she had to weep too. Someone my mother worked with finished the talking.

A good crowd of people came back to my auntie's for refreshments after the service too and shared their memories and feelings of and for my mum. There was a lot of emotions in the room but it was good to be with people who understood our loss and who were also mourning the loss of a friend.


martello tower


There were so many people that I hadn't seen for so long, family as well as friends. And I ate enough sausage rolls throughout the day to last me a lifetime. I told everyone who asked that I was due to go on a round the world trip at the end of May and they all seemed to think that it was a good idea. So the trip is back on. I will be going around the world. As planned. The only change that I am thinking of making is to pop back to Korea first and then from there to Singapore. I would like to see my friends over there again and it would be good to have a chance to say a proper goodbye.

Let me know if you think that this is a good idea- especially those of you in Korea at the moment. Do you have time to have that party that we had to cancel? Will we ever find out what the 'something' offered at Bumpin that night was? Let me know what you think and I will look into changing my ticket if need be.

And here, because there hasn't been much in the way of fun on this blog for a week or two, is a picture of my cat- I know that some of you out there really respect a person willing to put photos of their cat on t'internet... right, Rory?


grumpy cat


Bless 'im.

3 Comments:

At Thu Apr 21, 09:05:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helen there'll be thousand million welcomes for you anytime you want to come back to korea. And lots of places for you to stay includin me. You can have the bed it's yours pet. Hope you are well and glad to see you back on track. Hugs and kisses M.

 
At Fri Apr 22, 03:38:00 AM PDT, Blogger R said...

What the previous two said, but more macho.

 
At Fri Apr 22, 06:20:00 AM PDT, Blogger Helen said...

chers, I may give the airline a ring and if it is possible, change my ticket. Just think- you thought that you wouldn't get to celebrate my birthday this year but you could be wrong!! And this year I can bring a cake with me- assa!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts