Thursday, June 09, 2005

GMT plus seven

Just in case any of you are wondering what the time difference is. My taxi arrives in two hours to take me to the airport where I will get on a plane to Korea. My sister sent me a photo of a card that some of my old students sent me- bless! They are going to be so shocked when I turn up on their doorstep in a couple of days.

And here, in no particular order, are some photos

boats

this is the fish market that we went to before we went to the dunes in Mui Ne. Apparantely the men fish all night and then the women take over to prepare the catch for sale


sunrise
this is the sunrise that I sat on the beach to watch before the trip

fishmarket

here are the women busy at work


fishing village

bungalow sweet bungalow

here is my lovely though incredibly hot bungalow


my bed in mui ne

dunes

one of the lakes near the dunes


me and sledding kid

me and one of the kids trying to get us to sled down the sand

by the lotus lake

the lotus lake in front of the dunes


red canyon

the red canyon near the beach in Mui Ne

kids and koreans

more kids plying their trade on a different dune


market

a less fishy market

saigon

back in Saigon yesterday

no wonder iam confused
the very busy keyboard in the internet cafe

all those stairs to my room

all the stairs I have to walk up to get to my room while my bag gets a lift on an electric winch

stupid sunburn

the laughable sunburn I got while sitting in the shade (really hope it has gone down by the time I get to Seoul)

And that is your lot for today. I have many more if you are interested!

4 Comments:

At Wed Jun 08, 10:04:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely beach hut indeed....I am more then jealous. Love the sunburn. Have fun in Korea. You deserve it.

Ner

 
At Thu Jun 09, 06:31:00 PM PDT, Blogger R said...

Do you have the picture of you with a man bag?

I will find photographic evidence of this you know James, and then it is all over.

All over the internet.

hahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahah!

 
At Thu Jun 09, 08:09:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Y'know, I don't even KNOW you people, and I can't decide if I should look forward to the evidence, or if I really want to see that close into James' private life. Then again, I've become partial enough to the Ether-James that I'm only hoping that my imagination is too far down in the gutter.

And would someone kindly tell me, in what must be TWELVE HOURS after the tequila party, if Helen has survived?! I have markers to call in!

 
At Thu Jun 09, 11:11:00 PM PDT, Blogger Helen said...

Ah man. Hungover as Helllllllllll

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts