Sunday, May 29, 2005

Counting time

It is Sunday night here in England and I am just 36 hours and eighteen minutes away from take off. Around thirteen hours after that I should arrive in Singapore. Fourteen hours later I will be back on a plane and on my way to Vietnam.

I am at my mum's house for what will probably be my last night in a house of my mother's. To say that the last seven weeks have been some of the weirdest in my life is to underestimate the meaning of weird.

My bags are packed and down in the living room- one to go with me and the other to take the rest of my things into Auntie Doll's loft for storage. I would show you photos but I have left the cable that connects camera to computer back in my sister's house. So you'll just have to wait.

Today I have been entertaining friends, both over the phone from Korea and in my house, before going over to Auntie Doll's for a roast dinner and birthday cake. Now I am going to get into my bed, made with the duvet cover and pillowcase that I have had since I was about fourteen and which may well get lost in the next move. I am excited about the trip but scared about the future. My permanent base has gone now and all I have to come back to is a series of sofas and spare rooms. I am a very lucky person that I have so many friends to care about me and offer me somewhere to stay. Hopefully, I will decide sometime in the next five months what the next step is.

Hopefully.

But I hate to disappoint those folk who say that they only look at this site for the photos so here are some random shots of mine that I have just found on mum's computer

the peak in hong kong

This is one of my favourite photos from my trip to Hong Kong, with Sam, last year. I took it from The Peak and can't tell you how pleased I am with it (adopts smug look).

palace in Phom Penh
This is me, standing like a goon outside the palace in Cambodia last summer. Another trip with Sam and great fun.
HCMC
This is Ho Chi Minh taken from the plane as we came in to land. We were only in transfer on our way to Cambodia but if the shopping at the airport is anything to go by, I am going to love Vietnam!
cambodia
And finally Angkor Wat in Cambodia. Blooming hot day.

Last photos from England will be posted sometime tomorrow.

Sleep tight.

7 Comments:

At Sun May 29, 08:59:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helen have fun on this the first leg of your journey. I hope you have fun. I will be eagerly awaiting your posts. All the best love M

 
At Sun May 29, 09:09:00 PM PDT, Blogger R said...

Sounds like fun, Ireland looks like very green and cloudy. Hope you had a good Birthday, and have fun on your upcoming adventure...

 
At Sun May 29, 09:10:00 PM PDT, Blogger R said...

As is evident from that last comment, my brain is not working today.

 
At Mon May 30, 12:31:00 AM PDT, Blogger Helen said...

Yes, rory, that is the kind of thing that an uncle might write. Hum

 
At Mon May 30, 12:45:00 AM PDT, Blogger Helen said...

Plus, Rory, if I don't get to see these promised photos soon then I might have to post what I gave you for your birthday... and what me and Sam did with it.

 
At Mon May 30, 01:25:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hels...Good luck on the first leg of your journey. I wish you no turbulence. That pic from Hong Kong is fantastic...like something from the tourism board.

Ner

 
At Mon May 30, 09:12:00 AM PDT, Blogger Helen said...

Thanks, I am ridiculously proud of that photo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts