Friday, February 18, 2005

A New Year, A New mullet

My students returned to school this week, some of them after a week's absence for the Lunar New Year. And I was horrified when a formerly cute but slightly dishevelled nine year old appeared with a brand new mullet. I am not sure if the mother just couldn't afford to have the whole head of hair cut or whether she is a fan of the eighties but the kid seems unaware of the reaction this haircut might elicit.

Not all of my students have changed their appearance over the holiday. Some have just bought new stuff which I eagerly persued in the search of flexible use of English. And I found a couple of beauties. First there is a bag

Lisa's bag

And then a pencilcase

Jenny's  pencilcaseKonglish pencilcase

which leads me onto something I picked up recently off a make up counter

remover

Scary stuff!

I promise not to overplay this Konglish thing but some things have to be shared!

Here are some cigarettes with valuable love advice for those searching for The One

cigs

5 Comments:

At Sun Feb 20, 02:56:00 PM PST, Blogger R said...

So where is this mullet then?

 
At Sun Feb 20, 04:07:00 PM PST, Blogger Helen said...

Hum, I didn't feel that this was the place for a name and shame anti-mullet campaign.

 
At Sun Feb 20, 06:33:00 PM PST, Blogger Helen said...

Plus the kid ran away when I got the camera out!

 
At Sat Feb 26, 12:08:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mullets are all the rage here right now, mostly with women. I'd have one!!

 
At Sat Feb 26, 07:16:00 PM PST, Blogger Helen said...

Must pop over with my 'I Spy' book of Mullets- now where are you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts