Sunday, August 28, 2005

The House of Pain

The rugby last night was fantastic! I have to say that the crowd at Dunedin is nothing if not as biased as hell! Booing the Springboks' every move, playing Crowded House every time the All Blacks scored etc, it was great! It was also very cold but worth the hours out in the cold night air to watch this closely fought match between two fantastic teams. Right at the last minute the All Blacks sprang ahead and walked away with the trophy- much the joy of the home crowd filling the Carisbrook stadium which has never seen the Springboks win in its ground.

This morning I went to Cadburyworld and later I am going on a wildlife tour. More on that another time though- now here are some photos

last view of sydney

This is the last view of Sydney as the plane circled the city on its way East.

first view of NZ

This was my first view of New Zealand as the clouds cleared a little

christchurch cathedral

The very civilised centre of Christchurch with its cathedral and some ugly statue

sheep room

The sheep room at Noah's Ark in Greymouth

lake

A lake we stopped at on the way from Franz Josef to Queenstown

mountain and lake

Mountains and lakes

aj hackett bungee

AJ Hacketts- the original bungy jump near Queenstown- no, I wasn't even tempted.

And that is all for today as I have a lot on.

5 Comments:

At Sat Aug 27, 07:12:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome pics Helen ! The one of the lake on your way to Queenstown is by far your best pic ever - for us at least ! (a close second being your famous Hong Kong pic)

 
At Sun Aug 28, 02:33:00 AM PDT, Blogger RLB said...

Helen, your pictures are awesome! I'm so impressed, it looks like you are having a fantastic trip.

 
At Sun Aug 28, 06:40:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just checking in to stoke my jealousy.
Eun Kyong, Tommy , the little one to come and I send all our loves.
Peace
Alan

 
At Mon Aug 29, 12:52:00 PM PDT, Blogger Helen said...

Hum, so THOSE are the kind of photos that you like- I have hundreds of those. Mostly on the memory card now in my camera- will endeavour to get more to you at some point.

Going back to Christchurch tonight and have my eye on some dak kal guk su I have seen on a menu there.

 
At Tue Aug 30, 09:43:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing much.


Naa only joking. Ya having a good time are we. Bumped into any English girls by the name of Laura??? about my age? If not it don't matter.

Wales rules

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts