Thursday, January 11, 2007

Here we go!

So on Saturday I woke up in my friend, Matt's, house in Tooting. I was wearing the clothes from the night before and stinking of cigarettes and beer. Seemed like a perfect day to head into London to meet my cousin, Liz.

I had that lovely vague feeling that you get after a night on the tiles. I got the tube into London Bridge and walked along the Thames in the rain. Being me, vagueness and rain did not stop the tide of photos

thames

london

boobs

To say the least I was not looking my best by the time I met Liz but I managed to get her to join me in my stroll through the rain and off we went to the British Museum

british museum

We had a good time there until it all got too much for me and off we went again. Back into the rain. We made it as far as the basement of a music shop, possibly on Tottenham Court Road, where Liz gave me my going away present- a tamagotchi! We spent many happy hours that day playing with them and sending them to play with each other.

But that is not all we did. Oh no! We also went to a Korean restaurant and off to the White Horse pub- just for a change.

After a pint I was pretty tired and all for going home. But the spark was alive in my cousin's eye and we realised that it had been about nine years since we last went out on the lash together. Well, never let it be said that I am the party pooper. Walkabout, here we go!

I was greeted at the bar by a drunk English guy who kissed my hand and indulged in a little drunken chatter. I am not used to spending that much time with English people(!)

I realised that I still had Papa with me, indeed I had everything with me that I had had the night before... goodbye presents, stuff from school etc.... and camera! With the special effect I had forgotten about

blue papa

papa again

red pap

liz and papa

Then Liz was inducted into my secret Cinderella life and we had to leave to get the last train home. Tamagotchied all the way home. My sister had taken the precaution of being out so we stayed up to the wee small hours, listening to music, sipping Baileys and chatting online to various Colombianos.

Saw Liz onto the train on Sunday and came home and got stuck on the sofa for hours and hours. Monday, nothing and Tuesday, last minute shopping. Yesterday I was working for the first three hours of the day before spending an enjoyable afternoon with my mate, Heather, then off to the pub.

A pint with some teachers, another with my sis and her fella, a tearful farewell to Sarah and then more than was sensible with ex-Colombian students of mine. These guys look nice

me and leonme leon and nataliajuan and beer

I hope that everyone in Colombia is like them... and not so many are like this guy

MANUEL

Phoned my mate, Rory, in Australia on the way home and fortunately my phone battery ran out before I could spend all my savings chatting to him!

Today I am finishing the packing, just the moment I get out of bed, admiring my new Colombian bracelets and waiting for my new phone to be delivered.

Tomorrow- well, it is all happening tomorrow

If you haven't heard from me in a week then send out the search parties!

1 Comments:

At Thu Jan 11, 12:09:00 PM PST, Blogger Helen said...

PACKED!

Give or take a shirt or two off the airer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts