Friday, November 28, 2008

Floods

Well it certainly puts things into perspective when you complain about a little bad weather on your holidays only to later see that part of the country wrecked by floods. Santa Catarina is suffering at the moment, people killed and displaced by the flood water.

Which all seems a little impossible to imagine in the glorious sunshine of Porto Alegre. I am on the verge of my last weekend in Brazil- heading to Buenos Aires on Monday, all going according to plan. And it is an ex-student filled week- staying with Jeferson in Porto Alegre then nipping out of the city to spend a couple of days with Max, and sharing a pint or two with other ex-Malvern types- I guess that would explain why I keep dreaming about work!!!

It is hot here, around 33, so nice for me but it seems that the rest of Rio Grande de Sul hate it! Max didnt like to leave the house until the sun had gone down and various students´mothers look worn out by the heat. And think that I am mental for heading into the sun each day in search of a tan.

Right, I think that it is finally time to wash some clothes, people have beengiving me funny looks all day but at least the smell has scared the pickpockets away!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts