Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Pantanal Take Two

I suddenly realised that I might want to take some photos on this four day safari I am going on in the Southern Pantanal- and I haven´t downloaded my photos from either of my memory cards. So I came up with the cunning plan of putting some of them onto my MP3 player for storage. Just one problem- no PC I tried (and I have tried about 8 here now in Campo Grande this afternoon) will play with my little camera. And finally I got one to recognise my big camera but while it would show me the photos, it would not save them onto the PC.

Grrrrrrrr.............

So I have gone for the other option of buying a new memory card- let´s hope that it is a little more co-operative than the PCs have been. And I hope that this does not mean more problems later.

Anyway, I arrived in Campo Grande this morning after an 11 hour bus journey from Cuiaba- totalling 50 hours on buses in the last four weeks- the only problem is that I had slept with my lenses in again so my eyes were somewhat glued shut when we arrived. Ah well, the hostel was easy enoughj to find, given that it is the first thing that you see when you get off the bus.

Everyone in this hostel speaks English and the guy that organises the tours was on a Channel 4 programme back in the U of K recently- ´Dangerous Jobs for Girls´- which he proudly showed me. There are some very bad reviews on the internet about this hostel but I am hoping that they are wrong! They mainly seem to centre around the tours on offer, which is the reason that people come here after all. We shall see- after the hassles with the tour last week I (hope) I have learnt that even if things don´t go exactly to plan the tour can still be amazing. I´ll let you know at the weekend.

The tour that I am going on heads off tomorrow, though the first day is just travelling, then three days of full on Pantanal activities (seemed to be a lot of walking involved for somewhere that is over 40 degrees at the moment) before transferring to Bonito for what is promising to be a highlight. If you are not sure what I am talking about, and let´s face it neither did I until two weeks agó, look at Bonito Brazil on Google images and prepare to be jealous!

So I will be away from the internet for a few days and assuming that I don´t get eaten by caimen or anacondas, I hope to catch up with you again in Bonito on Sunday or Monday. And maybe even find somewhere that will help me with my photos!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts