Friday, November 11, 2005

Irish Eyes are smiling

I am in Ireland. Would you believe that the weather has been mainly rainy, windy and mainly crappy since I arrived? I got here on Wednesday after an over eager start from Penny's house saw me sitting at Stansted Airport for way too many hours. Saw a travel book by some guy called Andrew Eames- don't think that he is a relation, handy if he was, maybe he would have some publishing contacts for me.

Cruised into Dublin with no problem at all then waited forever for a bus to Castleknock where I was meeting Nerissa and her little one at the pub. Roisin seems awful keen on the pub for someone under the age of three and keeps asking if we can go there- mind you, I do keep whispering the idea into her ear and getting her to repeat it to her mum in the hope that we might just go one time.

As ever, I gave no one any notice that I would be in Dublin so have been unable to meet up with anyone outside of Castleknock. Spent an enjoyable day running errands with Ner and Roisin yesterday and ventured in Dublin centre alone today to mooch around some old haunts. I was sad that most of my favourite shops seem to have disappeared- though the pubs still remain. Next time I head over to Dublin I intend to give a bit more notice so I can round some people up for a good old fashioned night out in Temple Bar- like the one days.

I will post some photos when I get back to London.

Ah, I love Ireland!

2 Comments:

At Sun Nov 13, 05:00:00 PM PST, Blogger R said...

Hey Helen, back in GB after circumnavigating the globe - my god how time flies when you are having all the fun!

I got your postcard just the other day.

Things alternate here from being great to being quite shit...

Guess I should send you that CD now you are back.

Anyway, I have a home number and a phone card so I will email you - don't know the number off the top of my head right now though...

Hope you are well and happy.

 
At Mon Nov 14, 02:10:00 AM PST, Blogger Helen said...

Send me the CD, send me your phone number and await the parcel that is on its way to you :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts