Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Top of the Morning!

I am off to Dublin this afternoon- do a bit of visiting, do a bit of sightseeing, do a bit of 'oh, I used to love/work/drink/pull there..'

Dublin may not be the most typically Irish of cities- I think that the rest of the country have never forgiven it for becoming 'cool' recently- but I loved living there. If I could tug it over and tuck it just under London then I would live there again- or if someone would give me a job there. When I first arrived in Ireland back in 2000, with no idea of what was going to happen, I couldn't understand a word that anyone was saying. Within weeks I was able to distinguish between different county accents. I would imagine that being away for so long I will be right back at the beginning again. I probably can't even remember how to pronounce Dun Laoghaire (if that is indeed how it is spelt).

Anyway, I could sit here all day writing this and I would miss my plane. So I am off to complete my ablutions and get myself off to Stansted Airport- gateway to cheap flights to Ireland. Am also tempted by the free flights on www.ryanair.com but am trying to convince myself that I should be putting more effort into jobhunting and less on looking up cheap flights (www.easyjet.com also has some great ones!)

7 Comments:

At Wed Nov 09, 02:42:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey hels,
i bet your reading this in my sitting room.

ner

 
At Wed Nov 09, 02:53:00 AM PST, Blogger Helen said...

Ah, ner, you underestimate how many times I check this before leaving the house every day!

See you in a few hours- just finished packing and my bag seems to weigh as much as my round the world backpack- must be the soju!

 
At Wed Nov 09, 02:56:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SOJU????????????????????

guess tomorrow isn't going to be productive.

 
At Thu Nov 10, 02:04:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope Dublin is fun, I am sure Dun Laoghaire would be much easier to say once you have done your sightseeing at the "oh, I used to drink here" places.

 
At Thu Nov 10, 02:06:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

why do I have to verify that strange wiggley word?!

 
At Thu Nov 10, 08:28:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are sending you a Christmas Present to go with "Helen's Hat", Hels... It should be leaving Sault Ste. Marie by tomorrow afternoon.

And it might make the wiggley words go away...

 
At Fri Nov 11, 02:08:00 AM PST, Blogger Helen said...

The wiggly word thing is to stop all those 'tractor parts' and 'you know what enlargement' adverts appearing on this site. I didn't want to use it but I was spending half of my life deleting junk comments and a lot of them are still hidden in the archives.

Going into Dublin in a bit- it is windy and rainy- just like the old days!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts