Thursday, October 20, 2005

Size Matters

One thing that I like about being in the States, which would wear off eventually if I lived here, is the difference in dress sizes. Back home I would like to drop a couple of dress sizes and here I am exactly the number I would like to be back home- maybe it is cheating. But I do make up the difference in my shoe size as my feet increase two sizes when I cross the Atlantic. Well, they don't actually change size but the US sizes are different. One thing that doesn't change, either here or at home, is that my choices are still limited, whether I am looking at clothes or shoes.

Shame really.

Plus, I still haven't quite got over the fact that I can wander into shops here without being chased out by a Korean girl terrified that I might want to try and fit my vast Western body into her petit Korean outfits. More than once I have stood in a clothes shop in Korea only to have the shop assistant grab the clothes out of my hand and put them back on the shelf- even when they were actually my size.

Clothes shopping has never been my idea of a fun day out but I think that I prefer it here to Korea.

3 Comments:

At Thu Oct 20, 07:27:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your feet have to bigger in North America to keep your balance during earthquakes and hurricanes. It's The Law.

 
At Thu Oct 20, 08:45:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a bigger size as well and I found the best place to find larger sizes in AMerica are Costco, large department stores, Old Navy, Target, Lane Bryant, etc,... Those are always my best bets. Sometimes The Gap has some good stuff if you catch stuff when it first comes out.

 
At Thu Oct 20, 09:20:00 PM PDT, Blogger Helen said...

I did buy some Gap jeans yesterday but you do have to push all the size 0s to the back of the rack to get to my size- though given that the items are so small, it doesn't take much effort to give them a good shove! Thanks for the tips though, I will look those up.

And to be honest, Tania, as you well know, my spending habits consisted of all nighters at Bumpin and the Warehouse plus a four inch stack of cash that I kept in my apartment- ah to have such cash now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts