Monday, November 14, 2005

Photos of Pubs and Things

I went to Dublin and stayed with my friends in Castleknock. I fought my way through the rain one day to go into central Dublin, where I used to live. When I arrived back at Ner and Barry's I discovered that a majority of my photos seemed to be of pubs

1 temple bar
Typical Temple Bar scene before the hen parties arrive



2 the temple bar

The Temple Bar, ah man, the stories I could tell you about this place but won't!



3 the porterhouse

The Porterhouse, brews its own beer in the basement which is why it is hard to get draft beer there on a Sunday. Home of singalongs with Woodsy in my day



4 turks head

The Turks Head- downstairs dancing place, good for when the Porterhouse has kicked ou

5 major toms
Down Under at Major Toms. Once a thriving Aussie/Kiwi/South African bar, now mainly full of people looking for backpackers for a bit of fun.

There was one or two that weren't but they were definitely inthe minority

6 litton lane
Litton Lane hostel


7 spire

The spike on O'Connell Street- no, the Irish don't understand it either

8 statue

I used to sit at the base of this statue and tuck into my Supermacs garlic chips- heaven!

9 liffey

It was a grim old day and no mistake!

Other than taking photos of them, I didn't really spend a lot of time in the pub- I was too busy playing with Roisin (and Ner!)

Roisin and me

And when we did finally make it to the pub it was at Roisin's request- honest

roisin and ner
Now I am back in the UK, trying to fix up job interviews and time to see friends.

7 Comments:

At Mon Nov 14, 05:27:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks tania.... couldn't agree with you more.

ner

 
At Mon Nov 14, 08:16:00 AM PST, Blogger Helen said...

and you are not imagining it- that is a bit of blue sky in one photo- weird,hey!

 
At Mon Nov 14, 02:10:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could always work for me. Don't know what you'd do but you'd get minimun wage. Good luck though

 
At Mon Nov 14, 09:28:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would hire you... but I could only pay you in an odd sense of Internet Infamy...

Interested? At least, it would pass the time...

 
At Tue Nov 15, 07:19:00 AM PST, Blogger Helen said...

I was there for half of the game and everyone was watching it at the airport. I think that the Irish are fairly philosophical about these things- especially given that they have never beaten the All Blacks. Unfortunately I did miss England beating Oz on the same day. Shame.

 
At Wed Nov 16, 08:04:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, helen.
enjoy your home sweet home! ^^;

 
At Thu Nov 17, 05:00:00 AM PST, Blogger Helen said...

Thanks, Ken, but I miss my Bumpin sweet Bumpin!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts