Sunday, September 24, 2006

Just in case...

you were wondering, I did make it to the fireworks last Sunday. In fact, I had a really great weekend in London. I am not good at getting into the city at the weekend because I have to go there all week- it takes a lot to get me out of Essex for those two days. The idea of doing all that extra travelling versus lying on the sofa all day watching Supernanny and Property Ladder- well, I don't think that I need to explain anymore.

I had a great Saturday with my mates at the festival and really enjoyed spending the day walking along the Thames. I do love London and it was great to be with some people who felt the same way. But I still wasn't sure if I would make it in the next day- all weekend in London can make it feel a little like I haven't had any time off at all.

The deciding factor was the need to try the new 'fireworks' function newly discovered on my new camera, sad but true. I don't have the results to show you because my photos on are my computer at home, well my sister's computer to be honest, and I am in Dublin for a couple of days visiting Ner, Baz and Roisin.

It was the first week of the new term last week and the term hectic doesn't even begin to cover it. I met my new classes and we seemed to get on well- which is good since I am abandoning them for the whole of this week to come here. But it is exhausting trying to get to know the classes again, learn all the names, deal with the fallout of the students who didn't get levelled up at the end of last term and still deliver entertaining and educational lessons. I hope that I did OK!!

I miss my old students though. They were great but then honestly all of my classes have been great so far. I even miss the girl that gave me a box of chocolates as a thank you at the end of term and a leaflet saying that I was going to hell because I hadn't let Jesus into my life- ah, shucks, you really shouldn't have! And the whole 'you are going to hell if you don't believe in me' argument falls a little flat when you don't believe in hell either!

Righto, kids, off to bed I must go. I am off for the rest of the week, back to London on Wednesday and waiting in for the new bathroom suite to be delivered on Friday so I am sure that I will have time to update later in the week- I will have the time but that is no guarantee of anything.

Chao!

1 Comments:

At Mon Sep 25, 02:30:00 AM PDT, Blogger R said...

Hey Mate, how's it goin'?

Still plugging along here, but hopefully, I'll make it over your way in a bit over a year when I finish uni.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts