Wednesday, August 16, 2006

So far so good

I am having a good week this week- well, it is Wednesday night now so I feel safe in saying that without really jinxing myself.

On Sunday I bought new shoes-hooray! I went into the shop on a whim really, not expecting to find anything in my size. Casually eyed up a shoe and sent the assistant off to try the usually fruitless search for my size. Penny asked me which shop assistant was dealing with me and indicated a blonde one ahead- can't be her, I said, she appears to actually be holding a shoe box rather than an apologetic expression which also conveys an air of disgust that someone with such clownishly large feet should be allowed out in the community at all.

Even better, the weather was cold enough to wear tights on Monday which also lent me the opportunity to wear my new shoes. Then in the evening I went to see 'The Vegemite Tales'- a quite frankly hilarious play about Aussie expats in London- but it could have been any of my expat situations really. It was funny to see so many Aussies after spending most of my free time with Brazilians. On the way back to the train station, an old drunk guy yelled across the road in admiration of my legs. I know that I shouldn't appreciate that kind of thing but I do!

Last night I went to Salsa and finally got to see my student perform in the band there- and by chance really as I had no idea that he was on. A Colombian guy that I had met at the picnic a few weeks ago told me that he had looked into schools in Colombia for me which was cool. When I got home there was an email in my mailbox from my Spanish teacher praising me to the high heavens. And one from the school in Colombia answering some questions of mine.

Today, classes went well. On the way home I discovered a song that I didn't know that I had on my MP3 player- result. And I opened the door of my house to find that my wooden box had arrived from Korea, via Mona-mail.

I have even done my Spanish homework this week.

I am just going to go and bask in the glow of a week well-lived- so far anyway!

3 Comments:

At Fri Aug 18, 09:41:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Helen. Dropped by to say hello. Haven't get in touch with for a long time. Blame me. ㅠㅠ;

 
At Sat Aug 19, 03:28:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Disappointed that there is no picture of these new shoes. I've never noticed that you have big feet....and I thought I knew you.

Ner

 
At Sat Aug 19, 09:41:00 AM PDT, Blogger Helen said...

Maria
Don't know if you will find this again since you seem to have commented on a post from last October! I am actually in the UK- have been living in London since November last year!

Don't have an email address for you it seems

Off to Colombia in January if that helps
H

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts