Saturday, July 22, 2006

Scorchio!

Man, it has been hot in London this week. And I am talking actually really hot- above 35 degrees some days and with no air con on the buses or tubes, people have been a little grouchy.

I , however, haven't suffered too much as I am at work all day. I have a three hour lunch break but haven't really been out much during that time- feeble excuses about preparing lessons etc have seen me sat in front of the air con in the teachers' room most days.

I was out all day on Sunday though leading a group of students to Greenwich for the day. Fortunately my mate Heimi came along to keep me company

heimi and me

It was a fun day but stressful trying to keep them all together. And there was no getting through to them that while I could wait for latecomers, the boat that we were catching couldn't....

Ah well, got me out of the house


greenwich
I started my new Spanish class this week too. While the teacher still spoke English in the lesson it was a world away from the shambles of the last course that I did. I am all enthusiastic again. And can ask the way to the nearest underground station. My long term plan is to head to Colombia in January to study Spanish for a month so I was trying out my new found vocab on my Colombian student last night:
'Hay una estacion de metro por aqui? said I
'Good,' said he, 'but you won't need that word in Bogota as we don't have a metro..'
Hum.

2 Comments:

At Mon Jul 24, 05:18:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Colombia in January...How exciting. As always I will continue to travel vicariously through you.
Ner

 
At Tue Jul 25, 11:02:00 PM PDT, Blogger Helen said...

and as long as I don't get my camera or self stolen then I can keep you up to date on my salsa progress in Colombia!

I keep having dreams where people have surrounded me and are trying to make me dance salsa:S

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts