Saturday, August 05, 2006

Today, I have mostly been...

..staying in bed. Went out for a couple of beers last night in Camden. It is a long time since I went to Camden- apart from a few hours spent there a few months ago when we were looking for somewhere still open and failing. When I was a student I practically lived there- I was clothed in Camden's finest from head to foot. My students rave about the place and one of them works there so it seemed a nice change from the West End.

However, I probably shouldn't have bought those first tequilas and I definitely shouldn't have bullied Sarah into buying the next round of tequilas.

After a drunken argument with several National Rail call centre operatives in deepest darkest India, I was still no clearer as it where my last train would be leaving from or what time it would be going. So I stayed with Sarah and even managed a couple of hours kip before Victor awoke to find himself on Sarah's armchair and thought it best to wake us and leave.

Got home at around nine this morning and my sister was just about to head out to the supermarket. Knowing that it was just a matter of time until I fell into bed and not rise again until Monday, I elected to go with her.

Wish that I had brushed my teeth first though.

Finally settled down to sleep at 11am.

Not a moment too soon.

my haven

I love my new room, even more so since I got a new carpet this week and even built some Ikea furniture for the first time.

I guess that staying in bed all day could be considered a bit of a waste of time at the end of a week that has been pretty average weather-wise. We had a picnic in the park a couple of weeks ago and made a telephone with some plastic cups and shoelaces which proved to be a lot of fun.

phone

Also took some more students to the War Museum, we were quite excited to have the whole top deck of the bus to ourselves

overexcited on the bus

Bless.

1 Comments:

At Mon Aug 07, 02:02:00 PM PDT, Blogger Helen said...

surely not- Ikea is pretty exclusive.... wait a minute, you have a house!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts