Wednesday, February 23, 2005

I think that it is too spicy for you, would you like a fork?

OK, OK, it has only been a couple of days since I last wrote something but already I can feel the pressure to update on an almost obsessive scale. Worryingly, when I am not actually typing things into this blog I find that I am talking about it. So I have torn myself away from Bumpin for a couple of hours, to give my friends a break from my babbling and to type this.

You might have noticed a slight tendency for me to eat dak galbi at the drop of a hat. Well, I have just got in from another night in the chicken restaurant. It is not that dak galbi is the only thing that we could eat here in Korea- we are a little spoilt for choice- we did find this tasty option at the bus terminal in Chuncheon


what we could have been eating

In case you are a little confused, that really is a cup of cola with spaghetti in the top of it. And you have the option of cheese balls or even squid balls (no jokes about not knowing that squid had balls!). My students assure me that it is great.

I am not so sure. I did get tempted by another item recently- kimchi chocolate.


kimchi chocolate- a nasty beast

It is not altogether as nasty as it sounds. It both looks and tastes like chocolate and just when you think you are safe and can relax... that is when the spiciness hits in. Now I am a fan of spicy food but this is a chocolate bar too far for me. However I do know at least one avid chocoholic who just can't be put off


get in!

But I am lucky. I don't need to hit the kimchi chocolate for a wee choccie hit- at least not for another couple of days. A friend who has recently returned from England, via Barbados, Cambodia and Thailand dropped off a few things at my house last week


I love my friends!

something to read and something to munch on while doing so- good work, Patrick!

And that is all for now.

4 Comments:

At Wed Feb 23, 06:44:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are the chances of one of those bad boys still being there when I come over next week???

See you then mate.

 
At Wed Feb 23, 06:46:00 PM PST, Blogger Helen said...

I would say no chance whatsoever- but I might keep the wrapper for you to look at!

It's all about the pitchers, mate!

 
At Tue Mar 01, 02:55:00 AM PST, Blogger Nate said...

Ah ha! I love dalkgalbi too. Yum. Give me it over chocolate anytime. Nice blog. :)

 
At Thu Mar 03, 09:21:00 PM PST, Blogger Helen said...

thanks, Nate, I believe that you are Gangneung too- hope you like it as much as I do!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts