Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Home wanted

So I am moving house soon- soon enough anyway! I am leaving Korea in a little over three weeks (six days over but who's counting? Apart from me) and so it is time to start trying to find homes for my things. I have had a taker on the beanbag for nearly the entire two years I have had it and I am sure that Rory will take as much care of it as I ever did. Tania has her eyes on my computer table and speakers. The world and his wife seems to have one eye on my book collection.

But my most beloved item has yet to find a home


homeless lamp
No-one seems to want to take this lamp off my hands and I have no idea why. It only gave me nightmares for the first two months after a mate had rescued it from the trash and left it in my house. My old director even admired it when he helped me move house. Have a closer look

soon to be orphans
How could you see those big eyed orphans out on the street? Let me know if you want the lamp. I will be releasing it into the wild at the end of this week. I'll throw in the teddy bear for free!

As an aside, I was flicking through the pages of Let's Go 4 today when I came across this picture in answer to the question 'What does she want to do?'

Let's Go 4

I reckon that she is a dead ringer for me in my infamous green sunglasses. And so apt too.

6 Comments:

At Wed Mar 23, 05:03:00 PM PST, Blogger Helen said...

hum, a stony silence.. guess that lamp is back out in the snow again, come Friday

 
At Wed Mar 23, 07:25:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that lamp would look wonderful on James' mantelpiece right next to the cocker spaniels! Don't throw it out it would be a crime against all things chintzy!

 
At Thu Mar 24, 05:20:00 PM PST, Blogger Helen said...

OK, I won't throw it out as long as you take it back to Seoul on the bus

 
At Thu Mar 24, 08:54:00 PM PST, Blogger Helen said...

OK, will hold onto the lamp for you. But the teddy gets it!

 
At Mon Mar 28, 04:39:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well fuck you too!

 
At Mon Mar 28, 08:41:00 AM PST, Blogger Helen said...

hang on there, teddy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts