Monday, March 14, 2005

A difference in opinions

Back home in England we are told that we shouldn't get a dog unless we have enough space to keep it in and enough time to walk it. We are told that dogs are pack animals and need company. Things are a little different here in Korea. My neighbour, for example, has two dogs- both tethered to their kennels. If they stretch to the full length of their chains they can just touch noses but the chains are short enough to deny the dogs getting their noses into each other's nether regions. It makes me sad. As does watching the muck build up around them.



my neighbour

But yesterday I looked out of the window and one of the dogs had been released and was running around the garden, wagging its tail, running in and out of the kennels and the flowerbeds. It was the younger dog, that I have hardly seen move in the year it has been outside my window. It started to play with the older dog but as the senior mutt tried to give chase it was yanked back by the restraints.

Watching the puppy enjoy the freedom of the garden was a joy. And he was still out today- able to follow the sun around the garden to always be lying in it. Shame about the other dog.

PS- my boss told me that he had sorted things out with the landlord. So I guess that I will be dog watching for another couple of weeks at least. Five more weekends in KOREA! Weird, weird, weird!

3 Comments:

At Mon Mar 14, 10:38:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got to stop drinking at 3 in the morning. uggg

 
At Tue Mar 15, 12:06:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm not sure if the comment went on because it said error or something.

Anyway I should really stop drinking on week days at 3 in the morning.

 
At Tue Mar 15, 03:10:00 AM PST, Blogger Helen said...

but wouldn't that take the fun out of life?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts