Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Not long now

I know that I talked about coming back to Korea. I actually told people that I would be coming back to Korea before heading off into South East Asia. But in this world of endless oppportunity and year round tickets, I had forgotten that tickets come with an expiration date. And that date is 12th May, in this case. That is the last date that I could change my ticket back to Korea for and I just can't leave here the day after tomorrow. So I am back to the original plan of going straight to Singapore on 31st May (it is such an effort to write the date that way around after so many years of May 31st).

Then on 2nd June (June 2nd), I will go to Vietnam. If I hate it then I will come back to Korea after all. If I love it (more likely) then I will be there for around six weeks, or as long as it takes to feel that I have my money's worth out of the ninety quid visa (which does look awfully exciting, tucked away there in my passport).

I am sorry that I won't be seeing my friends in Korea on my birthday this year. From previous experience they would have made it a birthday to remember. But I am sure that even I couldn't have topped last year's fortnight long extravaganza. For one thing, my birthday wouldn't have been on a public holiday this year (damn that lunar calendar and its every-changingness) and for another I am IN my thirties now, rather than just a toe over the line. Therefore, I am sure that I will be spending my birthday knitting, crocheting and generally sitting around on the old spinster shelf... as if!

I have an idea that I might send some stuff to Korea so that my mates can celebrate without me but I will have to see.

But at least I will be saving myself the price of a ticket from Seoul to Singapore. Which means that I don't have to feel so guilty about spending money yesterday on a rather natty little gadget, which will probably get nicked before I have reached Perth.


small


It was time for me to get something to listen to music on and I got a bit carried away and spent more than I had planned. I got a Philips HDD070, which is a cute little white thing that will let me store a whole lot of music and listen to the radio too.


light


I like it today but yesterday I was all for hurling it out of the window in frustration. It would have been better if I had catalogued all the music on my PC over the years and put it in some semblence of order but, fool that I am, I was too busy being out there having a life. But I have no life today so spent a good part of the morning trying to figure the little fella out.


perfect for throwing out of the window


How well I have done remains to be seen. What I do know is that I have put some music off my PC and onto it and some of the tracks even have song titles and stuff. Most of them don't. Ah well, win some, lose some.

7 Comments:

At Tue May 10, 07:54:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, all the stuff I put on your computer years ago has no song titles. Just hundreds of "track1", "track2", "etc". Kinda frustrating aint it?

 
At Tue May 10, 08:49:00 AM PDT, Blogger Helen said...

now you tell me!

 
At Wed May 11, 06:46:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel guilty about my comment now. Sorry about that! Should have just lurked.... I enjoy all the stories, and I wish everyone well.

Any personal complaints, demand for apologies, abusive flaming mails, spams can be directed to me (steve018(AT)hotmail) rather than this message board.

 
At Wed May 11, 08:49:00 PM PDT, Blogger R said...

Shit Helen, what am I going to do with the truckload of lemon soju I ordered?

:(

Don't believe a word Tania says; she is evil. Just at the bar the other night, in between slamming shots of tequila, she was setting kittens on fire and telling lewd jokes.

So why do you wrap a guinea pig in gaffa tape, Tania?

 
At Thu May 12, 12:35:00 AM PDT, Blogger Helen said...

Don't listen to her, Steve, you comment all you want, the more the merrier! Now we know that you are out there it will be unsettling if you just go back to lurking.

Rory, why not put all the lemon soju in your backpack and come and meet me in Vietnam? Or Australia?

Tania, you are just after some attention, stop it! :)

 
At Thu May 12, 04:38:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am shattered to hear that the "real" Tania sets kittens on fire and tells lewd jokes...

Oh well. I suppose I should learn not to draw conclusions too quickly.

 
At Thu May 12, 10:57:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll set our clocks (clocks?) and have a low-grade bottle of beer at the same time on the bday day!!

P.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts