Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Tuesday, Tuesday

After what turned into an unexpectedly large night on Monday I decided to take it a bit slower on Tuesday. I got up late (one of the luxuries of staying for more than a couple of days in one place because you don't have to worry about checking out or missing out on stuff if you stay in bed) and wandered around the corner to the internet cafe. I am staying in Kings Cross, where I stayed the first time we arrived in Sydney. Things have changed but not a lot. There are still loads of strip joints here, haven't walked out late enough to see if the area is still saturated with hookers, but the three slices of pizza for one dollar has changed to one slice of pizza for three dollars- some bright spark obviously worked out that they would be making a lot more money if they swapped the one and the three around- shame.

Then I caught a train to Bondi Junction and mooched around the shops there for a while. Walked back to Kings Cross via Centennial Park. I managed to find a book that I have been looking for since Perth and even persuaded myself to wait until I got back to the hostel to start reading it. But once the front cover was opened, I was a goner. Fell asleep with the book in my hands around midnight.

All in all, a very pleasant day.

9 Comments:

At Tue Aug 16, 07:53:00 PM PDT, Blogger Les Becker said...

Now, THAT'S just MEAN! WHAT WAS THE BOOK?!

 
At Tue Aug 16, 07:54:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

some bright spark aptly named the place in the first place... chicken-egg... hookers-Kings Cross?~

P

 
At Wed Aug 17, 01:39:00 AM PDT, Blogger Helen said...

The book is 'The well of lost plots' by Jasper Fforde, an author that my sister put me onto and I believe my brother introduced her to.

 
At Wed Aug 17, 02:48:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's true, I did the introductions.

OK, there is your comment. Are you happy now?

 
At Thu Aug 18, 07:04:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find it easier when they are kept at least 3,000 miles away!

 
At Thu Aug 18, 07:04:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find it easier when they are kept at least 3,000 miles away!

 
At Thu Aug 18, 07:05:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find it easier when they are kept at least 3,000 miles away!

 
At Thu Aug 18, 05:13:00 PM PDT, Blogger Helen said...

was it worth writing that three times??? Anyway, going to be on your doorstep in a couple of months so HA!

 
At Fri Aug 19, 07:49:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sure, it was easy enough to write it three times. In fact, blogspot did it all for me. Internet must have thought I had an important message!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts