Monday, October 10, 2005

LAX

It is hard to catch a plane into LA without getting certain songs stuck in your head- Sheryl Crowe for one. Can be annoying. But not as annoying as spending forever at the airport in Tahiti because there isn't a lot to do in Papeete when you have run out of money. The flight was at 2.35AM o'clock in the morning and we arrived into LA at two in the afternoon. I did sleep on the plane but not really enough.

LA is big. I am not going to lie to you. I could see the Hollywood sign from the plane window and a lot of smog and cars. I was flying back out at midnight so only spent the afternoon there so I did something that I have never done before- stayed in a hotel! Well, one that I have paid for anyway. That night in Auckland had inspired me and I booked in for the afternoon. It was great. We drove down a 14 lane freeway to get to the hotel and when I got there I did something that I have been dying to do- I did my washing! Hooray! I even treated my clothes to some fabric conditioner, much to their surprise. I am sure that there are more exciting things to do in LA but nothing more satisfying for me.

Then I just sprawled on the bed all day watching TV before going back to the airport to get my midnight flight up to Minneapolis. I didn't, however, catch up on my sleep which I had intended to do. Then I couldn't sleep on my overnight flight or even when I arrived in Minneapolis and had to wait for three hours or so until Katie and Brent (friends from Korea) came to get me. In fact, I lasted even into the Mall of America and round Camp Snoopy.

Then I collapsed in the car.

Man, it was good to sleep!

We dropped Brent off at his dad's house and carried onto Red Wing. There was an art festival this weekend which was cool and we did some American stuff, like shopping and bowling. It was very pretty round there and relaxing which I think that I needed. I knew that my flights through the Pacific would be an exhausting week but I have arrived and got a(nother) cold.

Tonight I am off to Mankato to see Chris (another friend from Korea- see there are some advantages to Korean recruiting so many Americans!) then Chicago later in the week and finally onto Milwaukee on Friday so meet up with my family and....

post some photos!

I have a lot for you- the rest of Fiji, Rarotonga, Tahiti and now the States.

But now I am going to finish drinking my Bud and then hang out for a bit and hope that not too many spam comments turn up here again as I can't be bothered to remove them all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts