Sunday, March 05, 2006

A bit like the old days

boys

I went out for a quick beer on Friday night after work and finally got home at 6.20am on Saturday morning.

It was almost like being back in Korea again except for a few minor differences:

I was in an Irish bar and quite possibly was the only native English speaker there

There was a great band playing loads of fantastic tunes

When the pub shut at 2am (yup, too early for Korea) we didn't have much idea of where to go so ended up on Burger King (would have to travel all the way to Seoul for that kind of privilege when I lived in Gangneung)

In an effort to find somewhere open we caught a bus to Camden Town

And back to Leicester Square again once that mission failed

sat in a cafe until that closed around 4am

Then got on a bus for an hour or so to make it to Barking

And then just had a twenty minute wait until the first train home.

In Korea, I would never have run out of open bars. And probably would have gone to the norae bang at some point. Certainly would never have got on a bus with all those lovely cheap Korean taxis around. And probably wouldn't have spend any time at all in BK, when I could have been in a 24 hour BBQ place, let alone with Brazilians and Colombians.

I had a good night and at least it taught me one thing- when I have to leave the bar early to get the last train home at night, it doesn't really matter as I am not missing much!

1 Comments:

At Tue Mar 07, 06:27:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

was in the norae bang last week as per usual and sang a few helen tributes as per usual...so you're still staying out out till dawn in spirit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts