Monday, January 15, 2007

Estoy en Bogota!

This is just a quick one to say that I have arrived safe and sound. Alex´s family are really taking care of me. They have taken me around the city and shown me the sights- and a lot of shopping centres. Yesterday we went up Monserrate at the top of a mountain which overlooks the city. It was really cool and I felt like a proper tourist for the first time. Today I realised that I can see Monserrate from Alex´s toilet so that is real class!

On Saturday night there was a family get together and I think that Alex would have been amazed to have heard how much English was spoken by his family. It was a lot of fun and there was no mention of salsa so that was a relief.

I think that the family have plans for me for the whole week- I am leaving Bogota on Friday. I will post a longer message when I am on my own.

Loving Colombia so far!

5 Comments:

At Tue Jan 16, 03:48:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Hels! Happy to hear that you have arrived safe and sound! Looking forward to photos.

Ner

 
At Tue Jan 16, 06:53:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, pictures please.

 
At Wed Jan 17, 02:52:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurray!
lots of love, Liz

 
At Thu Jan 18, 06:09:00 PM PST, Blogger R said...

G'day mate!

Keep havin' fun!

 
At Fri Jan 19, 06:05:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't fear the salsa- DO NOT FEAR THE SALSA!

James

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts