Monday, January 22, 2007

Monday morning

It is Monday morning and I have already been to the beach twice. The hotel is pretty cool (I was offered some of Colombia´s most infamous export last night) and I was up last night chatting to other folk there.

As always happens to me on one of these trips, everyone seems to be planning to be in the vicinity much longer than me. And some of them like to drone on about their travels. One of them last night assured me that I was missing nothing by not going to Venezuela, even though I had never even mentioned the country or indeed any of my travel plans...zzzzzzzz

One of them asked me if work was catching- seems that I am the only person in the hotel to have a job back home to go back to. But I love mine! And I would miss it if I didn´t spend so long chatting online to my students every time I log on.

Spoke to some Argentinians last night, well I say spoke, Laurie (the American woman who can actually speak Spanish) spoke and I listened and nodded to show that I understood. When she went away I spoke a little Spanish, just enough to apologise for my lack of Spanish! Seems that I am the only person in Colombia with little to no Spanish. I must study more! But the beach is so enticing..... this is the Caribbean coast after all.

Right must get back to it.

Chao

2 Comments:

At Mon Jan 22, 03:39:00 PM PST, Blogger Helen said...

Ah man, I have just sat under a palm tree and watched the sun set into the Caribbean Sea (well, not into it but you know what I mean) to the sound of panpipes... could life get any better than this???

 
At Mon Jan 22, 09:03:00 PM PST, Blogger R said...

Sounds bloody lovely. It wasn't that long ago I was relaxing on white sands watching sunsets...

Ahhh...

What is this export you speak of?

Coffee?
Coke
a
cola?
Brazil nuts? Is there such a thing as Colombia nuts?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts