Saturday, June 30, 2007

Waiting...

Here I am at Luton airport. It was a crazy old day and no mistake yesterday. First of all there was finding the tube station to be closed and then being told it was because of an overland security alert at Piccadilly Circus. Not good when you work at Piccadilly Circus! But our school wasn't affected.

We were open all day and I had a window in my classroom so I could see the police cordones and stuff. Not a lot to see really but it was very weird to see Piccadilly Circus so empty in the middle of the day. But I have been working over nine hours a day again with only short breaks between classes and for lunch so I really missed most of the news.

And when I finally left the school last night food was the first thing on everyone's minds. I went to a fantastic wrap shop in Soho near the school and some guy insisted on paying for all of our wraps which was a pleasant start to the night.

I met Ken, who I used to know in Korea, and his wife and we went to the school's local. For a change I sat downstairs but seemed to know everyone walking past which was cool.

Long story short and I ended up in GAY with some friends until it closed at 3ish. Onto a night bus and home at four thirty. But some mates were online (hi Rory!) so didn't actually get into bed until the sun was well and truly in the sky at five thirty.

Not so great when I had to pack this morning to go to Barcelona. Walking around in a daze saw me at the airport way too early. And with a swimsuit which I believe to be at my sister's (though it could just as easily have been right in front of my face given the hangover this morning).

Right better go and see if my gate has been announced yet...

see you in Barcelona!

Chao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts