Saturday, May 19, 2007

Back again

Things here have been hectic of late. I moved house but the internet wasn't up and running. I have been at my sister's for the last week tending to every whim of our ginger cat while she is on a walking holiday in Turkey. Still seems to weird to me that other people have holidays too!

There was a barbecue in my new house a couple of weeks ago which lasted long enough to see the sun rise. And last weekend I went to London Zoo with my cousin and her two kids, in the rain. I didn't care about the weather... I saw giraffes so I was happy

girafe

tortoise
Lina, a girl that I met in Manizales, arrived in London last weekend. Somehow I had persuaded her to ditch the school that she was going to study with and she signed up with my school. It was good to see her and I guess that she will be around for a while.
What else? Not much really. It is my birthday next Saturday though I don't have any plans for the big day yet beyond sleeping off what ever happens the night before. It is payday on Friday and the start of another long weekend so it is sure to be a big one. Anyone of you who is around in London that night is welcome to come along... White Horse in Soho, the usual haunt.
I was there last night which is why I am so tired today. For some reason people seemed to be buying me drinks which is unusual. The White Horse is such a regular Friday night thing that we tend to refer to it as an extension of our school. The upstairs of the pub is certainly like our cafe only with beer and cigarettes- at least for another six weeks or so until the smoking ban comes in.
Life is good. As ever really. My Spanish classes started again a couple of weeks ago which can only be a good thing. My English classes, which I am still refering to as my 'new' classes have now been running for seven weeks so I feel like I know my students pretty well now.
Quite unEnglishly, I have no complaints really:)

2 Comments:

At Sun May 20, 01:50:00 AM PDT, Blogger Helen said...

Rory, for you that was a photo of a really big giraffe and a rather small tortoise.. starting with R

For everyone else, the last post was written while a student was online insisting that they were in love with me. He later took it all back.. just another day in the life of an English teacher!

 
At Fri May 25, 08:46:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Helen!
I just checked to see when Buddha's Birthday was in 2004 to make sure I had the right day. Can you believe it's been that long since we were neighbors at the Yi Wha Habyeon? I wish I could celebrate with you today (tomorrow according to Pacific time) but please buy yourself a shot of Jaeger and know it's on me. Brent sends his wishes as well! Love, Katie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts