Monday, June 30, 2008

Getting Ready

I have been researching hostels in Brazil on the interweb- it is official, I have got through the denial stage and am on the excited about The Next Big Trip stage. I have never been to Brazil so that is pretty exciting. I was planning a Eurostar trip to Paris next month to help me get back into the swing of the travelling lark but I had a look at hostels there and had a bit of a crisis....

...I read one hostel's blurb on hostelworld dot com and it said that although it welcomed people of all ages, they asked anyone 35 or over to stay in a private room- huff! Well, I am only 34 but does that mean that I have less than 50 weeks of freewheeling travelling left before my very presence in a dorm room starts to freak others out enough that I have to hide myself away???

Hum, in the meantime, I went to Tooting Bec Common with Ben the other week- it is just a five minutes walk from the house but this is the first time that I have been there since I moved to Tooting. And very green it was too

tooting common

more tooting common

And today me and Penny went on the new temporary mini-me London Eye in Greenwich. It is a lot smaller than the London Eye and goes a disturbing pace faster too- quite unnerved us at first. But it did go round three times before we were kicked out so that was nice

mini me wheel

me and her on the wheel

me on the wheel

naval college

some nice views

tha dome thingy

wheel and towers

wheel and a pub

But the days haven't always been that sunny in London recently so on Friday I had a picnic in the classroom with my students. I am getting used to the new school- I have been there for two months now and counting down the minutes until my second pay day on Friday.

indoor picnic

and I am going to put this photo on, even though it is not flattering to me!

me and class

after the picnic I introduced my new students to my old stamping ground and took them to the White Horse- ah home away from home:)

1 Comments:

At Tue Jul 01, 02:21:00 PM PDT, Blogger R said...

Oi, matey! Hostel story: In Australia a few months ago, an aboriginal group was asked to leave a hostel because a couple of Japanese tourists told management that they were scared of them. Perhaps the age thing is similar ...

OMG, Jenny, did you see, like, how old she was was ...

In other news: it's cold and early here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts