Thursday, June 19, 2008

Wherever I lay my....

the beginning

...it may not look much to the untrained eye but this is the start of something big.

In fact, this humble towel is the first thing that I have bought for the Big Trip or rather The Next Big Trip.... those of you that have travelled (or just read the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) will know that towels are an essential item when travelling- or maybe The Essential Item (damn this drinking before blogging bringing on capital letters all over the shop) .

As something of a veteran traveller I have still never got into those special travelling towels that feel like a chamois leather... I nearly bought one until I actually tried one and realised how horrible it was! So I just take a hand towel and a sarong- the towel does the initial drying and the sarong does the pampering.

Actually, so little am I willing to accept this immobile life, I just use a hand towel at home now- as any visiter of mine will tell you! They are probably still recovering from the shock of being handed a scarcely clean postage stamp to dry themselves on....

but this one is black! A first for me!

And so the preparations begin....

2 Comments:

At Sun Jun 22, 09:17:00 PM PDT, Blogger Les Becker said...

...and a sunhat. Don't forget a sunhat.

 
At Thu Jun 26, 09:16:00 AM PDT, Blogger Helen said...

aha, just you wait and see!

nice to see you again!

I forgot that I set the comments to be moderated after some unwelcome ones recently.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts