Sunday, March 12, 2006

Old Friends and New Beers

I have had a packed social calendar this week. Well, I took Monday off but the rest of the week found me scattered across many and varied bars in London. Tuesday I was at a new salsa place that I hadn't been to before but we still ended up at the usual one later that night. It was Brazilian night in Salsa on Tuesday and a mad affair it was too- listening to traditional Brazilain music such as 'Barbie girl' in Porteguese.

Having spent all night clock watching through increasing blurry eyes I made it onto the last train home. Hooray! But that didn't stop me sleeping the moment I got on it and missing my stop. I wasn't very happy when I got into a cab back to Purfleet.

Wednesday, another night out with the students. We had chosen a rather interesting looking Morrocan restaurant but failed to check to see if it sold alcohol. Big mistake. Soon after eating we were out of there and back to Callaghan's for a jar or two.

Thursday night was a little special- Patrick and Heimi, good friends of mine from Korea, are back in London- maybe for good this time. We met, we ate Korean food, we went to Salsa and we drank. Patrick's head seemed to be spinning a little at the bright lights and big city of London- it takes a while to get used to being here. The sheer volume of stuff going on in London is enough to confuse the most worldlywise of people. It really is a long way from Gangneung! Hopefully I will see them again this week and actually take to the dance floor- I have arranged for some of my lovely students to teach them salsa!

Friday night, I did something unusual- I went out with the teachers rather than the students. It wasn't as much fun and I was home shortly after nine.

This week is the last week of term and the last week with those students that I have been filling my free time with. We keep teasing each other about not going out anymore once I am not being paid to teach them but I hope, and hope that they hope, that we will continue to see each other. After several trips to bars and salsa clubs, not to mention a great night at the Korean restaurant and a cold trip to the zoo, we are getting more ambitious and talking about a trip to Amsterdam.

As for photos- this week I saw ducks in the fountain at Trafalgar Square

ducks

and a rather over the top reaction to a broken sink in the toilets there

sink

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts