Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Incoming.. PHOTOS!

OK,you have been asking for them so here they are. Unfortunately they are not in the correct order. But that is OK.

This is Bogota, Plaza de Bolivar

bogota

This is the shower in the room of the hotel that I am staying in here in Santa Marta. And in case you were wondering, yes the water is cold too.

18 worst shower

Don´t try to be clever and use the generic name ´cola´ if you want a Pepsi or Coke, you might end up with this awful pink concoction ´Kola´. The ants loved it though

17 kola

Bucaramanga. Not a lot to say. Pretty town. They eat ants there. I didn`t see anyone doing so

16 bucaramanga

Standing by this bridge, Alex´s dad mimed kicking someone up the backside and said ´go home, Spanish,´ so I guess that has something to do with the liberation

15 freedom bridge

Pretty as a picture, well this is a picture. This historic town of Villa de Leyva is just so pretty. And they were filming a movie or something there too

14 villa de leyva

This is a huge statue of a salt miner outside the salt cathedral. Spot any theme yet?

13 salt miner statue

We went up a mountain and looked down at Bogota. I took a photo of Alex´s family.

12 alexs dad sister and mum

The reason that I decided to stay in Baby Alex´s house in the first place (turning down countless other offers, of course) was that he told me that he had a jacuzzi in his room. And he wasn´t kidding

11 papa and the jacuzzi

Looking out of Alex´s window one way you can see this

10 view from alexs window

This is a statue of the guy that founded the city of Santa Marta. And some soldiers with very big guns standing next to it to make sure that he doesn´t come back

9 soldiers in santa marta

Ah the sunset last night. I have heard that it proved so popular that there will be one again tonight

8 sunset

Just before the sun went down, these pelicans found a good vantage point to watch the proceedings

8 santa marta pelicans

Santa Marta is very pretty and I have taken a lot of photos of churches so far

7 santa marta

See but this one is in Bucaramanga

5 bucaramanga

This is a chiva, previously a common form of transport round these parts. Now mainly a tourist thing

6 chiva

Alex´s house in Bogota.

4 alexs house and dad

It is just pretty in Villa de Leyva

2 villa de leyva

This is Raquira, not Shakira, a lovely town famous for its artisans.

1 raquira

And that is just a taster for now

4 Comments:

At Tue Jan 23, 01:13:00 PM PST, Blogger Helen said...

Today people have stopped yelling ´hey white lady´at me and started yelling ´bonita´ instead. Maybe I am getting a tan. But I think that it is more to do with the Colombian necklace I am wearing

 
At Wed Jan 24, 01:33:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pics Hels! Thanks. I'll stop bugging you for at least a few days now. Last night I had a dream that I was dropping you off at the airport but refused to give you your rucksack....not sure if that means I'm a thief or enjoy travelling vicariously through you.

Ner

 
At Wed Jan 24, 03:39:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

missbels says.

I wish that you would come and pack it for me, Ner! The things are strewn around the room and given the hangover that I woke up with today that was enough to stop me leaving Santa Marta today.. maybe tomorrow... cue the sounds of Hotel California running through my head..... Hotel Miramir here in Santa Marta is a bit of a legend.

But the next beach beckons. I think that life here on the Caribbean Coast of Colombia is pretty seductive. It is easy to be here and there are loads of other travellers. I think that I will be a bit lonely when I head off again. But I have a student waiting for me in Cali and I haven´t seen any salsa dancing yet.

Wish me luck in leaving tomorrow!

 
At Sun Jan 28, 09:59:00 PM PST, Blogger R said...

Wicked awesome radness (that's the noun form of rad...).

Photos are a good thing.

Now, I'm pretty sure you're not sitting in a flat in London making all this up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts