Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Hi Honey I'm home

I am indeed lying in my bed in my room and most definitely not in Colombia. The plane from Madrid was delayed by two hours which was annoying as hell. Not least because the only annoucement that they make in Madrid airport is to alert you to the fact that they don't make annoucements. OK this means that the airport is nice and quiet but that you have to keep jumping up and down to the departure boards to find out if your delayed plane is planning on leaving some this century.

In fact, I think that someone out there didn't want me home because when I checked in at Bogota they tried to convince me to stay another day. It wouldn't have taken much to persuade me to stay except that I had made plans for a night in the pub the moment I got home. So off I went.

I was still back in Blighty by five thirty and in the pub an hour later, delivering all the things that various Colombian parents had sent back with me for their babies.

Of course, I woke up too early this morning but it is a bit of a joy to just lean over and grab my computer rather than having to get dressed and go in search of an internet cafe. I know what you are thinking, this would be an ideal time to update with photos from the last week. And you are right except that my USB cable is somewhere in the depths of my backpack downstairs and I ain't moving.

So later then!

For now just content yourself with knowing that I am safe and well in the UK and back to work on Monday... life goes on and all that.

Photos when I make it out of my bed.... much later!

5 Comments:

At Wed Mar 14, 12:06:00 PM PDT, Blogger Ian said...

Welcome home Helen!

Ian

 
At Wed Mar 14, 03:29:00 PM PDT, Blogger R said...

We should start a poll on how many weeks will pass before you're off gallavanting again...

I reckon 2.5-3 weeks...

Congratulations on surviving.

Rory

 
At Wed Mar 14, 04:01:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome Home Hels!! I reckon 3.3 weeks home before you head somewhere else. I'd guess less but you start work on Monday.

Ner

 
At Wed Mar 14, 04:09:00 PM PDT, Blogger Helen said...

cheers guys,

I am taking two Colombianos to Felixstowe tomorrow for the day- does that count as gallavanting?

So photos maybe on Friday

 
At Sun Mar 18, 11:11:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck surviving the UK!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts