Monday, March 05, 2007

Thunder and Lightning

Ok here it is.. the eagerly anticapated photo entry! I am back in Cali now. I arrived last night and am staying at the same hostel which is cool- loads of people to talk to. And I hope that it doesn´t say too much about me that the people in the pizza place around the corner recognised me(!)

So in no particular order.. the roundabout in Otavalo with tradionally dressed statues dancing on it. And taking it very seriously

1 otavalo

This is the view from the cafe that we stopped at on the way from Pasto to Cali yesterday.. Colombia that is


1 rest stop view

Me up the top of a volcano overlooking Quito- the day that I remembered how to work the timer on my camera - ruko pichincha. Where Juan has just told me that he wrote his name but didn´t tell me before I went so I could look for it!

1 up a hill

Luckily I had left my dynamite out of my day pack before getting on the cable car up there

12 they mean it

The cable car itself, Quito

13 cable car quito

This is the middle of the world- Mitad del Mundo. That globe weights five tonnes apparantely

14 mitad del mundo

And the view from the top of the monument- look for the yellow equator line

15 mitad del mundo 2

A park in Quito

16 park

The Old Town in Quito again

17 quito

View from the bus from Quito to Otavalo in Ecuador

18 ecuador

Otavalo market again

19 otavalo again

Up the volcano again

112 quito volcano

And that is your lot for now. It is raining and stuff here in Cali so I feel OK about being in an internet cafe for half of the day. Armenia tomorrow

3 Comments:

At Mon Mar 05, 08:25:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay pictures! Thanks.

If/when you get a chance I would love for my work screensaver to have the equator monument for a while.

Has that toenail come off yet? If you lose it, don't worry. I have a spare I can send you.

 
At Tue Mar 06, 10:14:00 AM PST, Blogger Helen said...

No worries, the next time I plug my camera in it is yours!

And the toenail is fine thanks, no sign of it falling off... yet.

So you are thinking of popping ´home´ for a bit?

 
At Tue Mar 06, 10:38:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Probably september.

You want me to bring that spare toenail with me then?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts