Monday, February 26, 2007

Photos from Ecuador

OK, unfortunately I haven´t brought my other memory card out with me but here are some photos from San Agustin and Quito.

This was taken on the jeep safari the other day

7

As was this, just one of many horse and carts on the roads in Huila

15

We met some kids near a waterfall and they loved having their photos taken

2

This kid more than the others

1

This is my favourite statue, it looks a little bewildered and I know how it feels

8

This is the view from my glorious hammock at Casa Francois

14

me

13

Then we got to Ecuador and Otavalo. Where people still wear traditional dress

16

I loved pretty much everything I saw on the market

4

more hammocks

3

Then we arrived in Quito

12

11

10

Where there are still folk in traditional dress too

6

I should be going to the Equator tomorrow, I should have gone today but didn´t make it. My stomach has been a little dodge since changing countries again. Maybe it also feels that we are being a little unfaithful to Colombia by sneaking off to Ecuador in the early hours of Saturday morning.

I am still trying to decide what to do. Juan made me an iternary before Christmas but, short of jetting off to the Caribbean, I have pretty much ticked off everything on the list. I have to be back in Colombia soon and back in Bogota for my last weekend on 9th March. Apart from that there is no rush.

There are a few things that I missed on the rush to Ecuador so I have to go back and do those. But the route back is basically retracing my steps for a week or so. Hum, I will let you know

2 Comments:

At Mon Feb 26, 04:39:00 PM PST, Blogger Ian said...

Helen:

I loved the pic of the children by the waterfalls...could you e-mail me a copy? davidson@iandrs.com

I will be sad when your trip concludes as I have loved following your progress.

Safe travels!

Ian

 
At Tue Feb 27, 11:16:00 AM PST, Blogger Helen said...

Hi Ian,

I am just downloading photos off my memory card as and when I need them at the moment. So next time I do so I will try and remember to send you that photo.

If the withdrawal gets too bad you can always go back through the archives to June 2005 and pretend that trip is happening now!

Thanks for the comments though
H

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts