Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Stuff and Nonsense

Public phones in Colombia are particularly violent and liable to attack unless chained

1 phone

I guess that is why people prefer the men that let you use their mobile phones for a small fee.

I left Cali yesterday morning and popped into Armenia for an hour or so

1 armenia

Then onto Manizales again. I have been here before but I like this city. It is spread across several mountains and the place where I am staying is up on a ridge that runs right to the centre of the city. The hills run down off both sides of the road. It is cloudy today so much of the landscape is obscured which gives the impression that we are actually on an island.

But I know there are mountains out there- where else would they be growing the coffee:

1 manizales

Or put all the houses for that matter.

Tomorrow I am doing my last big bus trip in Colombia, back to Bogota. I am going to miss so many things about this country. And some things I am not sure if I will miss them or not... like the people that juggle at the traffic lights to get some extra cash

1 juggler

Or the people that get on the bus every time it stops to sell you things from cakes to water to toothbrushes and friendship bracelets

1 view from the bus

I am going to miss the views from the bus windows though.

But not going to miss finding out that the kitchen preparing my food looks like this

1 roadside cafe

Those are live chickens under the crate... and you can´t see all the guys pissing everywhere just off camera!

Certainly going to miss being called beautiful all the time.

But enough of this small trip down memory lane.. there are still a few days to go. So I am going out in the rain to live them.

2 Comments:

At Wed Mar 07, 01:25:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you going to leave your toenail in Colombia? A part of you left there forever?

 
At Wed Mar 07, 06:14:00 PM PST, Blogger Ian said...

The live chicken comment brought me back to my "fresh" Korea days! Enjoy the rain Miss Helen....

Ian

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts