Friday, February 16, 2007

More Photos

You know that I have hundreds more photos than I will ever post on here for you guyds. And not because they are ´naughty´ones. But today it is a rainy Friday morning in Cali and I am waiting for my washing to dry.. hum.. so I will fill the time with giving you more photos.

So here are another couple from Cartagena

helen 001

helen 002

helen 003

A girl on La Playa Blanca
helen 011

The Virgin Mary in the harbour at Cartagena

helen 013

The old town from the boat

helen 014

Terrified dog at the fiesta in Cartagena

helen 005

The view from El Peñol near Medellin

helen 016

El Peñnol, you can see the steps which we climbed, over 650 of the little blighters


helen 018

View of Medellin from the bus terminal

helen 019

The balcony at the Black Sheep Hostel in Medellin, great place for lazy afternoonshelen 020

Resting man

helen 021

Manizales

helen 022

The reassuring sign that there has been no deaths or accidents recently on the buses

helen 023

Plantation House hostel in Salento, weirdly attracts more female visitors than male

helen 024

The horses that we should have ridden rather than go on another trek(!)

helen 025

Wax palms

helen 026

A bridge(?)

helen 029

Wax palms

helen 030

Chivas in Cocora

helen 031

Everyone relieved to see the jeep again

helen 032

Bustling metroplis of Salento

helen 033

The town´s main form of transport

helen 034

A beer in Salento

helen 035

The citizens of Salento

helen 037a

Cowboys!

helen 038

And that is more than enough, I think!

Have a great weekend, particularly those of you celebrating any kind of new year this weekend.. enjoy the fireworks!

Oh, and happy wedding day, Sam and Barclay!! All the best!

4 Comments:

At Fri Feb 16, 09:54:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helen,

Go to

http://travel.guardian.co.uk/article/2007/feb/16/beach.top10

and check out number 2!

Patrick.

 
At Sat Feb 17, 02:53:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey hels,
great pics. those wax palms are amazing. keep them comin'.
ner

 
At Sat Feb 17, 10:13:00 AM PST, Blogger Helen said...

Weird, Patrick! I wouldn´t have rated it that highly but it was a gorgeous place to stay for a couple of days.

Cheers, Ner.

And I have a photo in Real Travel magazine again this month, only this time it is of me! Yikes! And a small thing that I wrote about dak galbi. I haven´t seen it, being holed up in Colombia and all, but my sister saw it and told me that I am in it...

 
At Sat Feb 17, 10:35:00 AM PST, Blogger Helen said...

and, ner, do you mean keep the photos of the wax palms coming? Because I have hundreds of them, they are so darned photogenic!

But I think that you probably meant keep the photos coming, I will do my best!

Only three weeks left in Colombia.. I might well make it to Quito in Ecuador for next weekend then back up and over to Bogota for one last weekend of partying (I hope) then back to Blighty where, weirdly, I will probably speak to more Colombians every day than I do here!

Three weeks.. better keep working on that tan!

Guys in London, White Horse, Tuesday 13th March, sometime around six.. see you there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts