Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Packing

Travelling would be a lot more fun if it wasn't for all the packing involved. I have a week left in the UK but the new guy is moving into my bedroom today (must get out of bed before he finishes work!) so I have had to pack stuff up and get it out of the way for him. So Sunday I packed some stuff, Monday I packed more and my sister came over with a white van and white-vanned it over to her house in Essex. We made a couple of mistakes when stowing the stuff in the loft- namely a bag that should have gone up there that didn't and one that shouldn't have gone up there and did. All easily rectifiable.

But there was still a lot of stuff in my room- another black bin bag to take down to the rubbish house outside the flat and a hoofing great suitcase to go to my sister's. I have enlisted my flatmate, Jon, to help me get my stuff onto the train at West Ham- I reckon that I can just get a taxi from the station back to my sister's on Monday.

I am in turns terrified and terribly excited! I feel that I have some of the most amazing friends that I have ever had in London at the moment (even if I am the oldest by more years than I would care to mention) which makes it tricky to leave but one of us will leave and it may as well be me!

Leaving work was kind of strange too as I had only been there for five months or so. Working there had been so easy and stresfree compared to the beginning of the year. In March I moved from an enormous school to a much smaller and more personal one. I had loved working at the other school for over two years but didn't realise that I would like other places too. The move was a good one and made at the right time as I wouldn't have wanted to have moved before.

I am off to my cousin's later for a couple of nights but back to London for my goodbye party on Friday.

Can't believe that it is finally happening! This trip is something that I have been threatening to do since returning from Colombia last March. I was going to go in July this year but in January got invited to a wedding in September. I have missed so many weddings over the years but this was not one that I wanted to miss. Then it turned out perfectly as another friend got married just two weeks after the first wedding. I was glad to have been here for them and to visit my little friend in Stockholm.

It has been so long since I have regularly posted that I couldn't remember my sign in details for either this page or my flickr account- oops!

Anyway, I am flying to Rio next week - 8th October at 6.25am!

3 Comments:

At Wed Oct 01, 02:03:00 AM PDT, Blogger Helen said...

Have just spent an enjoyable hour reading through old blog entries and the comments that were left on the round the world trip. Not sure how many of you are still reading this but I would love to share this next trip with you too!

Now I am excited!

 
At Fri Oct 03, 06:21:00 PM PDT, Blogger Ian said...

Helen - I, for one, am reading. Don't be afraid, it will be an awesome experience!

Ian

 
At Sun Oct 05, 02:10:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, indeed

I look forward to reading (and seeing) your adventures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts