Friday, October 10, 2008

The Time is Terrible

You see, that is what happens when you use the same word for time and weather. Like me being asked in my Spanish class what my favourite station was (it is the same word for station and season you see) or being told that if there was a llama in the boiler there would be hot water in the shower (llama means llama, flame and call in Spanish). So I have been told several times that the time is bad at the moment.

But bad no longer- the sun has come out today and I am off sightseeing with my new camera!

3 Comments:

At Sat Oct 11, 08:30:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's with all the Spanish?Don't they speak Portuguese in Brazil?Enjoy the sun.

 
At Sun Oct 12, 07:44:00 AM PDT, Blogger Helen said...

Hiya Anon

They may speak Portuguese but I don't! Weirdly, I have spoken more Spanish here in just a few days than I did in all my time in Colombia last year. There are lots of Brazilians staying in the hostel who don't speak English but can understand my bad Spanish. And I went to a football match last night and ended up having to speak Spanish the whole time to a group of Brazilians and became the unofficial translator between them and some Norwegians.

But it feels good to be one of the Brits in the hostel who can communicate in another language (albeit not very well!). Everyone keeps telling me how good my Spanish is (it isn't) but then today a taxi driver told me how good my Portuguese was so I guess that my Spanish has got really bad!!

Hum, better blog now!
H
x

 
At Tue Oct 14, 11:18:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!.You should have thanked him in Korean,he would have been impressed with your Japanese..

Neil aka anon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts