Monday, October 20, 2008

Photos! Edited

I had forgotten what a tedious process this uploading photos lark is.

Anyway, here is the Jesus statue on the second time that I went up there on a clear day
helen 085


sunday morning

This is a lovely place just a five minute ferry ride away from Porto Seguro, I went there on Sunday morning and wished that I had been there the whole time! The water was so warm...

helen 095

Some goose laughing in front of Jesus. It was so much hotter the second time that I went up there- in fact I hadnt been intending to go back but I was walking around the lake and it was such a beautiful day and all of a sudden I was there! And then I got a local bus back to Copacabana which was really good as there is a real sense of achievement in catching a local bus! Especially one with a turnstile to get on it.

ouro

Ouro Preto- nice place with a larger nightlife than you might have expected. This is a photo from my new camera but unfortunately I have squashed it up a little to fit in on here. It is such a pretty place

misty rio

View when the mist cleared a little on the first day of sightseeing- we had been up by Jesus and literally all we could see was a white mist so thick that it was like staring at a blank wall. Only the signs telling us what we could have been seeing had the fog not been there gave us any idea of where we were. Then suddenly the mist lifted and the crowd screamed with excitement and started elbowing people out of the way to get photos such as this. I have some that I took on the second day when it was clear but I like this one more somehow

havaianas

traditional Brazilian footwear - more than just a flip flop- I actually bought some high heeled flip flops! And felt gloriously tall as I strutted along the beach at Copacabana- until the blisters started that is

gay parade

This is just the smallest of a lot of floats out for the Gay Parade

food2

And this is the food that sends my students in London all misty eyed when they think about it- tastes better than it looks! Well, it would have to really!

helen 079

And up by Jesus again but on the sunny day- notice that the skin is not as white as it could be!

food

More food at an all you can eat buffet in Ouro Preto- I could eat this whole lot it turned out

fireworks stadium

Fireworks in a football stadium- are you sure thats a good idea... I thought that this was really weird! Get people riled up and then sell them explosives... hum!

ferry

This is one of the ferries going from Porto Seguro- it costs 2 reais to get over there and it is free to come back.. nice!

bay

Guanabarra Bay in Rio, taken at the end of a day sightseeing up Surgar Loaf Mountain

abi and market

If you want soapstones sculptures then Ouro Preto really is the place for you. This is a photo of Abi, the English girl that I went there with, shortly before I fell off my high heeled flip flops and someone kindly mended them for me

jesus in the mist

Believe it or not, the view wasn~t even this good when we first arrived!

helen 048

Getting ready for the game in the largest football stadium in the world

helen 044

English culture weirdly summed up with these three photos in this chain of English schools

helen 041

My first beer in Brazil!

helen 035

Ipanema Beach just after the rain on my first day in the country

helen 024

Sandcastles are a little different here in Brazil


And this was on the toilet door at the airport in Portugal- man, they are hard on smokers!

helen 018

Labels:

4 Comments:

At Wed Oct 22, 09:11:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome pics.

Neil

 
At Sun Oct 26, 01:03:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what great photos! Keep them coming...

How does it feel to back in the world of regular blogging?

Has it come back naturally?

Sam

 
At Sun Oct 26, 05:43:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have been busy!

'We had been up by Jesus ...' is not something I read every day. You look like you're having fun.

So keep having fun :)

 
At Sun Oct 26, 03:17:00 PM PDT, Blogger Helen said...

Cheers, guys, there are other photos on facebook- I feel like my life is all over the internet at the moment!

Sam, not too naturally, I had forgotten all the passwords!

Neil, are you guys in Thailand again:

Rory, I will try!
H
x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts