Monday, November 21, 2005

Facts and Figures

I thought that you might be interested in some statistics from my trip. So here they are in all their glory. They cover the time of the Round the World trip- 1st June to 2nd November

Travel
Countries visited 9
English speaking countries 5
Hours on aeroplanes 70
Hours on trains 32
Hours on buses 85
Hours waiting in airports 70

Transport
Boats 7
Flights 21
Buses 24
Trains 5

Sleeping
Hotels 21
Hostels 32
Friends' floors 2
Guest bedrooms 3
Huts on beaches 1
Sofa beds 1
Waterbeds! 1

Tours
Days on various tours 21
Tour guides met 15

Time
Biggest time difference encountered Auckland to Rarotonga -23 hours
Crossed the Equator 2
Crossed the International Date Line 1

Mates
Friends visited 19
Email addresses given 14

Stuff
Pairs of sunglasses sat on 1
Pairs of sandals left in hostels 1
Conical hats left in manicurist's huts 1

Sun
Litres of sun screen used 3

Clothes
Items of clothing made in Hoi An 5
Pairs of shoes thrown away 3

Backpack
Times people have walked off with my bag 3
Lightest my backpack has been 12kg
Heaviest it has been 19.5kg

More stuff
Parcels sent home full of keepsakes 5

Problems
Tour buses that have encountered problem 2
Flights diverted 1
People collapsed on planes 1
Longest delay on a train 11 hours

Food and drink
Weeks I have gone without cooking 11

Korean restaurants visited outside of Korea 6
Hangovers that have had me sitting on the floor moaning 'why do I do this? Never again!!'
5

Misc
Colds I have had 4
Caves visited 6
Currencies with the Queen's head on 4
Photographs taken 3,500
New stamps in my passport- in and out 19

Just let me know if there is anything else that you need to know that I haven't covered.

5 Comments:

At Mon Nov 21, 04:24:00 AM PST, Blogger Helen said...

total budget? Given that I had given up on truly budget travel when I realised that I had more money than I had planned for? Evens out across the countries to roughly a thousand sterling a month- including all those internal flights around various countries.

I bought loads of souvenirs and things to send to other people. I did all of my Christmas shopping on holiday too.

And most definitely worth every penny :)

 
At Tue Nov 22, 10:14:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how about total alocoholic units drank?

ner

 
At Tue Nov 22, 12:02:00 PM PST, Blogger Helen said...

about a quarter of what I would have drunk had I been in Korea for the same period of time! :)

 
At Tue Nov 22, 02:29:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget "groovy '95 Saturn with old dog in back" for Transportation. And 1--giant mall.

 
At Wed Nov 23, 02:45:00 AM PST, Blogger Helen said...

I kept dreaming about snow and the sandals that I left behind in Surfers- I have got to let them go!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts