Sunday, May 28, 2006

Just Another Sunburnt Sunday

Some of you will know what I mean when I talk about new shoe love- the shiver of excitment when you look at your feet clad in their new finery. Shoe shopping with my sister in Blue Water Shopping Centre yesterday was funny because I spent most of my time looking in the foot level mirrors at last week's purchase. Those of you that understand will know why I putting this photo here

sandals

For those of you that don't get it- ah well, moving on.

It was indeed my birthday on Friday and I am not ashamed to admit that I turned 32 this year- wow!

Two years ago, James gave me this on my birthday

original

which I loved in Korea and which took a short vacation in Milwaukee until I picked it up on the last leg of my round the world trip. Penny also got on of these last year



relax



but I have most recently been craving the sunshine buddy which dances- so imagine my delight when Penny throw this at me on Friday morning



dancer



Its head moves and its belly wobbles from side to side- I know how it feels after all the cake I was subjected to on Friday!

students and cake

Though I did have some help! It was funny watching the students try and pass round paper without me noticing on Thursday and then a card for everyone to sign on Friday. I had to do a lot of pretending that cleaning the board was more difficult than it actually was!

Friday was a fairly quiet night though- a lot of people already had weekend plans and others were sick. But I managed to find six people to drink with and I knew all of those so bonus! my sister was waiting for me outside work (once I told her that we were no longer heading to the Salsa bar) along with Patrick and Heimi. We were joined in the pub by Matt (he of Land Rover fame) and Daniela and Camilo (old students and now friends of mine).

I may not have managed to get drunk enough to blag a rickshaw ride to the station (Sarah, my partner in crime for all of the blagging shennigans was sick and at home:( ) but it was a good chance to have a chat with some mates and offload some of the chocolate I had left.

Yesterday was a shopping day- though I only bought books for my classes- bless me!

Today me and the sister ventured into true Essex when we got on a train to go to the Southend Air Show


bw southend



Southend was overcast and sunny by turns but fear not, people, I managed to work up a healthy sunburn and since we were looking up most of the day- to watch the planes and stuff- I even managed to sunburn my eyelids a little- a first for me!

I promise that I will got sunscreen shopping tomorrow, if the sunburn has gone down enough for me to leave the house


big aeroplane



The show was good though as was the ice cream


ice cream



Me and Pen both costumed up and went for a swim
on the beach


nel on the beach
Penny won a bear by throwing a ball into a cup

pen and bear

And we saw some mad chicks riding on the wings of some old style planes

utterly butterly

Basically all you could want from an airshow.
Tomorrow is a bank holiday which means no work until Tuesday--- Hooray!

1 Comments:

At Sun May 28, 09:06:00 PM PDT, Blogger R said...

Happy Birthday 'Old Bird' Only eight years to go!

I still hate those evil head nodding zombie dolls.

Evil, I say.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts