Friday, January 26, 2007

It´s not the drugs..

but there do seem to be some strange things around

Imagen 001

Mostly giant penguins. They frightened me enough to cause me to leave Santa Marta- that and the fact that all the salesmen on the beach had started to greet me by name.

So it was goodbye Hotel Miramar, Santa Marta

Imagen 002

And hello Hotel Ramarim in Taganga, just down the road

Imagen 003

Taganga is a small fishing village and only fifteen minutes by crazy minibus to Santa Marta. I went there with an Aussie guy who I met in the hotel in Santa Marta. Which meant that I finally had someone to mind my bag for me while I went for a swim, in the Caribbean Sea! When you get to Taganga you just take a short walk up and around a hill to get to La Playa Grande, a better beach.

I floated, we watched the sunset

Imagen 004

Then we went back to Taganga and visited the local Irish pub, Patrizos (I am not kidding!)

We stayed there long enough to drink a lot of Aguila beer (similar to water only cheaper) hear Hips Don´t Lie more than six times, drink a shot at midnight for Australia Day and watch the locals hit the dance floor. Finally, I have been here two weeks and it was the first time that I had seen people dance!

Later today we are going to Pargque Tayrona. I´ll be beack in a couple of days

4 Comments:

At Fri Jan 26, 11:22:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely photos Helen, penguins and cactii especially- when are you going to tell us what the Coca-Cola's like over there?!

 
At Sun Jan 28, 08:05:00 AM PST, Blogger Ian said...

Helen:

I really enjoy your blog and have decided to create my own. I have enjoyed your posts tremendously over the two years and wanted to share my site with you in appreciation. It is:

http://elevation02.blogspot.com/

Take care and good luck with the travels!

Ian
Clarenville, NL
Canada

 
At Sun Jan 28, 04:21:00 PM PST, Blogger Helen said...

Anything you need to know I can tell you, James!

 
At Tue Jan 30, 08:08:00 AM PST, Blogger Helen said...

Good job that I stuck that photo of the penguin up when I did as some bastard has deleted it from my camera. Must be some kind of penguin conspiracy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts