Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Estoy en Medellin

I have been told that people will be wondering where I am. Well I am still in Colombia, of course, in Medellin. On Sunday I went to Las Islas del Rosario for the day- good beaches, great aquarium, many pelicans.. then on Monday I got the bus to Medellin... which took forever.

The first reason that it took a long time is that I arrived at the bus terminal at seven thirty and they told me that the next bus with a free seat going my way was at ELEVEN.. huff.

But with no choice I took that option. The girl at the counter took the approach of speaking to me LOUDLY and SLLLLOOOOWWWLLLY in Spanish... even though I was answering all of her questions correctly, also in Spanish. ah well. The film was dubbed into Spanish but they had the Spanish subtitles on so I was able to follow all of it which was very satisfying.

However at the promised arrival time of midnight we were still in our third police road block so I knew that bed was still a long way away. In fact, I finally got to the hostel at 2am.

Tuesday I slept for a while then went into the city for a look round. Medellin is the owner of the only metro system in Colombia and as far as I know, the only one that connects to a cable car... it was cool. Actually the cable car connects some of the poorest parts of the city to the metro system so it is all a bit voyeuristic for us tourists. I did take some photos but I didn´t get off the cable car at any point.

Today I have climbed a bloody big rock to see some amazing views. I will get back to you with photos as and when I can.

So I am alive, I am in Medellin but I think that I am moving on again tomorrow. Bye for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts