Monday, February 12, 2007

Leaving my heart in Manizales

I have loved being here in Manizales. Mainly because I finally got to go out dancing! Hooray for me... and we were adopted by some Colombian students eager to tell us that Manizales was the best city in Colombia and to welcome us to the country in general

night outtodosboys

And it turns out that I was allowed to take one of them home with me. I didn´t want to be greedy so I just took the small one

jonathan and me

On a slightly different note, every town in Colombia has a Plaza Bolivar with a statue of the Liberator in it. But Manizales has a slightly different way to portray this national hero

bolivar manizales

naked with a condor head. I like it!

Fighting the hangover and lack of sleep yesterday I went to Chinchina to see a coffee plantation. It was very tranquil and beautiful. Here is one of the many photos I took

chichina

2 Comments:

At Mon Feb 12, 06:14:00 PM PST, Blogger Ian said...

Helen:

I have long been fascinated with Cartagena, did you feel safe in the city? It has so much history!

Ian

 
At Thu Feb 15, 03:27:00 PM PST, Blogger Helen said...

yes I felt perfectly safe in Cartagena, as I have everywhere in Colombia so far

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts