Thursday, March 15, 2007

Thursday in Felixstowe

I am sure that you are waiting for the final few days of my time in Colombia but it ain't going to happen tonight. Well, a bit. I went back to Bogota for the weekend and met up with Camilo, my first Colombian student and the guy that actually invited me to Colombia in the first place.

outside

all

I also met Natalia and we went to a concert in Parque Bolivar, of which there are no photos because the security guard took the batteries from my camera. So I could just spend the rest of the day watching people using their camera phones to take photos and video the proceedings while my own camera lay impotent in my bag.

And more annoyingly it meant that I didn't have the opportunity to take photos of the police swarming the streets the next day ahead of George Bush's visit to the capital. Reportedly there were 22,000 of them and I got photos of none.

I went to a salt mine with Camilo and Andrea before going back to Alex's family home for my last night in the country.

me camilo and andrea

But details later.

Today just a few photos and these ones of Alex and Juan today- I took them to my home town and introduced them to my great aunt. They were certaily amused at the amount of old people in downtown Felixstowe on a Thursday afternoon.

We hit the beach for traditional fish and chips and an ice cream before going to my 'local' for a pint and then back to London.

1

2

7

16

It was a gorgeous sunny spring day and the boys seemed to enjoy being away from the bustle of London for a day.

Back to work tomorrow, just for three hours. I was going into town to go to the pub anyway so thought I might as well earn some spondulicks whilst there.

Wish me luck!

Oh yes, for those wishing a toe nail update... Camilo kicked it off accidentally in the pub on Friday night and I am now officially a nine toe nailed freak... just in time for sandal season, joy!

2 Comments:

At Fri Mar 16, 02:05:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Sympathies on your toe nail. Never been a 9 toe-nailed freak. But I have been a 9 finger-nailed freak.


I share your pain.


Ner

 
At Sat Mar 17, 06:05:00 PM PDT, Blogger Helen said...

that sounds like it could be worse

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts