Friday, July 29, 2005

Following the sun

I had a lot of fun in Adelaide and many thanks to Nigel for taking me out to see the wildlife (but not the wild life, if you know what I mean- that can wait until Surfers). But over all it was too damn cold (and this from a Pom!) so I got on a plane yesterday and am now in Cairns!! Am currently waiting for all of my cold weather clothes to wash and dry before heading out into the sun.

I got here around 7pm yesterday and it was too hot to be wearing the clothes I had put on in Adelaide that morning. It had been cold enough down there to wear extra clothes in bed but here I am sleeping next to an open window- nice! It being around tea time I went out and got my first original Aussie pieeeeeeeee. Ah. It was good. I had to admit that I was so hungry that I walked along the street eating it and savouring every mouthful until half the contents fell out, slipped down my front and all over my shoulder bag. Next time I eat a pie (and there will be a next time very soon, I am sure) I will do so sitting down.

4 Comments:

At Fri Jul 29, 01:40:00 AM PDT, Blogger Helen said...

It is a pie being bought by someone who is very excited about the prospect of eating a pie.

 
At Fri Jul 29, 06:59:00 AM PDT, Blogger Les Becker said...

Nope, not good enough. Fruit pie? Vegemite- bluchh! Was it some kind of kangaroo stew filling? What was in the pie, Helen? I'm trying to picture you walking down the street scarfing your lunch, and I don't know what food you're covered with!

 
At Fri Jul 29, 06:02:00 PM PDT, Blogger Helen said...

sorry to disappoint but it was nothing more exotic than a beef, bacon and cheese pie- might sound dull to those in the western world but those of you in Korea should be feeling pretty jealous around now.

 
At Sat Jul 30, 07:00:00 AM PDT, Blogger Les Becker said...

I'm jealous from Canada (and I have my own personal chef!). Mark will have to learn to make beef-bacon-cheese pies for me. I have enough old shirts to cover, I think...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts