Friday, December 23, 2005

Christmas Past Perfect

Can't believe that it is Christmas already- though you would think that the ever increasing crowds in London would have given me some kind of a clue. This Friday also marks the end of my fourth week teaching. Still loving it. After Christmas I am teaching in the mornings so I might be less enthused. We shall see.

I was last in the UK for Christmas back in 2002, having arrived back from my first year in Korea the day before Christmas Eve. The last two have been in Korea. Last one was the best I have spent away from home really. I got more chocolate sent from England than I could possibly have anticipated- enough for me, my students and everyone in the bar that night. We went out for Chinese food and ate more than was strictly necessary. Finishing up in a bar at the end of the night.

This year will be quieter. It has been a strange old year, containing some of the best and worst moments in my life. But I won't go into that now.

So while I am thinking of my old friends this year, I am also pleased that I seem to have made some new ones.

me and her

Last Christmas I was with Rory, this year I am with his equally great sister.

Last year I was with my Korean students, a lot of kids. This year I am with students from all over the world

crackers
Am trying to think of this time not as the end of a year but the start of a new year.
Happy Christmas everyone!

6 Comments:

At Fri Dec 23, 10:52:00 PM PST, Blogger Les Becker said...

Yes, let's not any of us think of endings this year. Best Wishes in 2006, Helen - may the New year bring you to The Next Great Thing.

Merry Christmas from Canuckia

 
At Fri Dec 30, 04:59:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah merry fucking christmas and a fucking happy new year.

 
At Sat Dec 31, 11:42:00 AM PST, Blogger Fosters said...

I am glad it a good time have a few drinks for me, All the best for 2006. Speak when I am back home

 
At Mon Jan 02, 08:13:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR,HELEN!!!
Mr.Lee and I really miss u so much.
We also love the way you write postcard down in Korean. Lovely ^^;

 
At Tue Jan 03, 12:19:00 AM PST, Blogger R said...

Just logged on to the old internet after many moons...

MCHNY and all of that stuff.

Any more photos of your night out with Is'? Better still videos? Dancing videos?

Anyway, I am broke and slack, so I will contact you soon - when I am more motivated.

 
At Tue Jan 03, 05:10:00 AM PST, Blogger Helen said...

Hi Ken! I miss you and Mr Lee so much too! I asked my Korean students to help me write cards to you so I hope that they told me the correct thing to say!

Rory, no dancing that night- I have to be back on the train before midnight to make it home so no dancing yet.

Fosters, speak to you soon, I hope- call me at Penny's anytime.

Mr Grumpy, whoever you are, chill out!

Happy New Year,Les!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts