Friday, June 30, 2006

Sadly lacking..

I work in an English Language School in Central London. I have heard that the equivalent of this for Spanish learners exist all over Latin America. Tonight, I found the list of courses available in Bogota:

Courses Intensive Spanish, Career Spanish, Executive Spanish for business, Spanish course with work placement or volunteer social work, Spanish for university, Spanish for Medicine, Spanish for the travel and tourism industry, Spanish and scuba diving, Spanish for families, teacher training.

So it is nearly the same- I like to think that Spanish for Families will teach you stuff like:

you treat this house like a hotel!

While you are under my roof you will obey my rules

and, it is my turn to choose the channel tonight

And I think that it is a shame that we don't offer an English and scuba diving course- how much of any language do you actually speak while under the water?? I though that the hand signals were pretty universal. But what do I know, I get scared at the deep end of a bath!

It is Friday today- and five weeks since we last got paid so it was a welcome relief to everyone when this day finally arrived, coupled with the chance to get out of class early because the students wanted to see the Argentina Germany game. Many of my Brazilian students were on the 'anyone but Argentina' bandwagon while me and Sarah were pretty much in a lose/lose situation.

On another note- I had a Spanish test in my last class last night and got a 'muy bien' which is enough to convince me that I would like to continue the course in July when it all starts again. In the meantime I will content myself with speaking Spanish to Brazilian barmen when I get the chance!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts