Saturday, July 15, 2006

Lack of Parental Guidance

Might have made a mistake with a 19 year old Japanese student in class yesterday. He told me that he was going to the pub but wasn't old enough to drink. I might have told him that he was more than old enough to drink here in the UK- his eyes lit up and he asked me how old did you have to be to smoke here?? My hasty retreat of '57 years old if you are a day!' might have been a little too late.

I am expecting to be summoned to the boss's office on Monday morning following a phone call from a rather irate mother in Japan......

On a lighter note, I have been hanging out with students who don't care if they are old enough or not- they are just going to drink. We went to the Imperial War Museum in London and it was awesome

on the bus with the students

afternoon class
renata eun chae eun young and me
And finished off the week with a picnic in the park.
Lovely.

5 Comments:

At Sat Jul 15, 07:12:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Helen....you corrupter of Japanese youth. Too funny! Maybe you should learn how to say sorry in Japanese.

Ner

 
At Sat Jul 15, 10:23:00 AM PDT, Blogger Helen said...

I think that I need to learn how to say 'it wasn't me' in most languages by now!

 
At Mon Jul 17, 12:49:00 PM PDT, Blogger Helen said...

I heard today that the Japanese boy had four pints and a hangover at the weekend-ooops!

 
At Mon Jul 17, 11:07:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see that your last photo is in black and white. I'm ignorant of the digital photography these days, and wondering if it's still possible to make BW photos with a digital camera.

 
At Wed Jul 19, 12:18:00 PM PDT, Blogger Helen said...

I use the manual settings on my camera to take BW photos.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Forklifts
Free Web Counter
Forklifts